Our Vision is to promote business and economic growth through sharing our history and natural resources in Belhaven, Bath, Pantego and Pinetown.
Goals & Objectives
Goal #1: Enhance the role of the Chamber by expanding its membership, developing/implementing programs to gain greater exposure for its members and seeking feedback from its members on how to better serve the community.
Goal 1 Objectives:
- Conduct surveys of businesses to determine their needs
- Visit/invite other Chambers and citizens of surrounding communities to discuss/exchange ideas
- Continue Lunch with Leaders program with informative speakers relevant to our community
- Host the Henry Hinton show at a discount to our members
- Plan After Hours Networking events sponsored by the Chamber and Local Businesses
Goal #2: Support and enhance Tourism for the communities we serve.
Goal 2 Objectives:
- Strive to have a Chamber table at all Town events and celebrations
- Encourage the Town to install mooring balls in the harbor
- Prepare a resource list for newcomers
- Attend one Retirement trade show in Washington D.C. in the fall
- Expand Sponsorship of “The Boats Stop Here Campaign” to fund tourism and economic development projects
Goal #3: Support and promote business growth and development.
Goal 3 Objectives:
- Work closely with Martyn Johnson and Lynn Davis to help promote business and industry in our community.
- Begin gathering statistics from local B and B’s, restaurants, shops, etc. to use when finding new businesses.
- Recommend the businesses below:
- Small hotel
- Water Taxi/Tour boat
- Pack and Ship Store/with office supplies
Goal #4: Work with our communities, civic leaders and public officials to identify and assist with public initiatives.
Goal 4 Objectives:
- Town Government
- Ambassador Program
- Local House of Representatives
- Diversity Relations